Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 67: Rise To The Challenge!

I love autumn and hate it simultaneously. The nights are getting longer and the temperatures are dropping. Unfortunately, this is the time of year where I start my hibernation process.

More hours of darkness means that I'll start feeling tired earlier and will probably want to sleep longer. The cold just ensures that I will want to stay under the warm covers of my bed all that much more. This is the beginning point where it will get a little bit harder to live the PCP life.

It is going to require every mental trick in the book to keep going throughout the whole winter season. I will want to sleep in. I will want to stay under the covers. And it doesn't help that I have a partner who keeps the temperature inside the house at a cool 64 degrees while we're home. (The thermostat is programmed to drop to an even cooler 58 degrees when we're gone.) Plus, we're entering the holiday season. The bad food is going to be plentiful and everywhere.

My 90 days may be coming to close in a few weeks, but the challege is only beginning. It will be the ultimate test of my newfound powers.

2 comments:

  1. "It will be the ultimate test of my newfound powers." I like it. It sounds like a superhero phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. When the temperatures start to drop, we of lower body fat start thinking that the Snuggy may actually be a good idea! (Hey, they come in animal prints now.)

    Invest in really warm, long socks (ski socks work well!) and dress in layers -- you'll make it through.

    Keep at it and come Summer, the heat will be much easier to bear!

    ReplyDelete