Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 69: I'm A Bullet Proof Tiger

Patrick wasn't kidding about big gains after a few really weak workouts! My strength exercises have gone through the roof! I am hitting the target number and then some on the first few sets and still getting damn close on the last few. I actually saw my biceps bulge while doing the curls! (Day-amn! Where did they come from?) Chest and back just chewed up the bands! And planks—OMG! Well, they're not a breeze but definitely less dropping and quivering. The energy level still hasn't gone down. (Still can't do a pull-up, though. Someday.)

This totally made up for "Dessert Day" at work. Yeah, it was a table just loaded with cheesecakes, cookies, brownies, pies, and eclairs. (Did you know that sugar has a smell?!? It so totally does!) Everyone is still amazed that I will not cheat whatsoever and nibble on something. Of course, I have to snicker each time I listen to one of them say things like, "I really should stop eating, but it's so good" or "Oh, I'm so full but I've gotta have another piece."

Bullet-proof, baby!

3 comments:

  1. Heh, this is reminds me of an old post of mine. I am so happy for you E. Things are really working out for you as they did for me. Where's that gut dude? Probably the same place mine is--gone for good. Keep it up, Supes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to stand up the dessert table nemesis and see it for what it truly is -- a pile of addiction-inducing processed sugar and saturated fat!

    You go, E!

    ReplyDelete