Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 77: No One Mourns The Wicked


I got a rock. That's exactly what my indulgence felt like—a huge, ginormous boulder sitting in my stomach.

The feeling began about a half-hour after eating my Very Veggie Burger, fries, and dessert. There was something large in my belly and it wasn't very happy being there. Of course, my stomach was in mutual agreement with that sentiment. It wanted the rock out of there, pronto!

And then the rebellion started. The stomach tried pushing the foreign item out, but the rest of my digestive tract wasn't complying with it's request. There were cramps, the definite urge to void, but nothing moving through the system.

Stomach became more vocal, creating some of the most horrific growls I have ever heard. There was pressure beginning to build internally, so the body did what it had to to relieve it. I was now a walking gas chamber and very socially unacceptable.

The rock remained in my stomach all night long. The next morning didn't hold any promise either. I couldn't tell if the other side effect of lethargy I felt was from the food or from the really late hours from the night before in the attempt to re-live my pre-PCP life. Maybe it was a combination of the two. In either case, it became a herculean effort to get up and do the j-rope. Even then I could feel the rock bounding around as I jumped. It wasn't a pleasant combination.

When I tried to eat my breakfast, the stomach voiced it's objection to more food going in because it hadn't finished processing the rock that had appeared from the night before. By mid-morning snack, the stomach threw fits when I tried putting more food in. "Are you nuts or something?!?" it screamed back. "There ain't no room down here! I'm working on getting this boulder outta here!" In fact, it wasn't until near dinner time that I finally felt that the rock had disappeared.

In my pre-PCP life, I could describe that same feeling very easily. It usually occured when I had stuffed myself waaaaayy too full from all the goodies that were usually present at parties or potlucks. Very unusual to have that same feeling after just one burger, a few fries, and a few spoons of ice cream—and definitely not something I would want to repeat. The same went for the late hour and eating a meal so close to bedtime.

At the beginning of PCP, I would have daydreams of what I was going to do after the 90-days were up. I was going to be fit AND be able to eat like I use to. Having a taste of that pre-PCP life now that I'm so close to the end really wasn't so thrilling. I definitely like how my light and energetic body feels now as opposed to the one that use to be lethargic and carrying a lead weight.

Mission accomplished.

3 comments:

  1. This is why I tell people "just give me 90 days, then you can eat whatever you want." If they truly give me the 90 days, what they'll want to eat will be amazingly healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud of you E.

    I love that you are able to chronicle so much of this. It is true that many around you are not on the same wavelength. I know that is hard, because you want to share what is good and what you are discovering about yourself. It seems hard sometimes when they don't understand or worse, may not want to hear since it is so far from where they are in their own life.

    Thanks for bucking the late-night-heavy-party-meal-social-system. You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, E! Look at how far you've come on this journey towards full, healthy living. It's a beautiful thing, indeed!

    What are we going to do without your daily dose of inspiration? I guess we can go back and re-read the old posts, but it won't be the same. You may need to start your own blog!

    Congrats on all your accomplishments, and being 9 days away from "graduation"!

    ReplyDelete