Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 32: It's A Miracle, A True Blue Spectacle, A Miracle Come True

I can't believe it! I truly can not believe it! I managed to do 1,350 jumps—not perfectly, but smoother than I have ever done before. That's not the amazing part, though. This is: I was able to walk with very little knee pain. I mean, so little that I didn't have to put ice on them or anything! Hell, yeah! I was jumping around the backyard, screaming at the top of my lungs,

"I'm the King of the World!"


I am now working with J-Rope Mark 3 which I picked up last night. I think the combination of my legs getting a bit of jumping rest this past weekend, starting off with a rope fitted for me, and changing the way I jump based upon the suggestions that Patrick gave in his email made this miracle occur.

I was finally managing to hit at least 50 jumps in a row consistently. My legs weren't feeling as tired as they had previously. The jumps didn't seem to require as much effort as before. I swear I feel like I could've continued past 1,350. It was a beautiful thing!

However, I'm not ready to give up the "Bionic Knees". Not just yet. Maybe after a few more wonderful days like this I will, but not now. For the time being, I'll still wear the braces.

This was so cool!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS... so proud of you...and so glad you are pain and ice free.
    WELL DONE !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Go you!! I am excited that our knee problems have evaporated mostly. That means we are getting stronger...whatever muscles are around the knee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ligaments actually Jessica. Stronger for sure.

    ReplyDelete