Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 13: Here It Goes Again

I've been experiencing the oddest sensations lately. I'm actually starting to get hungry just before each main meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner).

When the meal plan began (and I call it a meal plan, because the word "diet" still has too many negative connotations), I couldn't believe all the food we were going to eat. Like a good little trooper, I would finish every bite that was required—but man, was I ever slowing down! There were times those three big meals required a lot more time to eat. The good thing about slowing down meant I actually tasted the food.

But now I'm getting hungry usually about 30 minutes before my scheduled times. It's not a ravenous hunger, but my stomach is letting me know it's almost time to eat. I wasn't expecting this. Is this happening to anyone else?

For some light-hearted fun, here is one of my favorite exercise videos. Okay, it really isn't exercise, but if it were it would totally rock! (This is a side-by-side comparison of the original video by Ok Go and a group of high school students who decided to tackle the maneuvers.)


2 comments:

  1. Amazing about the hunger isn't it? That's what happens when you start eating FOOD. It takes a few days, but your body starts to get the message, "It's okay to metabolize this stuff, it's not the crap he's been shoving in here for the past 20 years."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same sensation, after the meal I'm stuffed to the gills and couldn't eat another bite. Then a few hours later I'm am super hungry and digging for my snack.

    It's a nice contrast from eating half a pizza and then feeling it stick with me for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete