Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 27: I'm Lost In Dreams of Desserts Like Pumpkin Pies And Boston Creams

The strength exercises went well. The "Shoulder Fly" wasn't exactly my best as I struggled against the band to get my arms opened all the way back, and the "Double Katana" was an absolute fail. I couldn't get my arms to stretch that stupid band over my head. After a number of tries I just finally gave up and did "Tricep Dips" with the chair. I think I need to invest some money in the 5lb band. Maybe then I'll actually be able to do the exercise and build up the strength to graduate to my 10lb band for some of the exercises.


This weekend we're taking my family up to the cabin. I know they're all looking forward to eating out every day, but I'm prepared for it. I have all my food prepped and ready to go. I will say that Patrick gave a killer idea that has helped greatly. For the past few weeks I've been going to the farmers market and picking up a wide variety of vegetables. When I get home, I chopped them into different little shapes and steam them. Then they go into the refrigerator for the week. I also prepare a big bowl of whole wheat pasta and have a whole carton of hard-boiled eggs. It makes hectic life so much easier as all I have to do is measure out what I need, put it in containers, throw whatever spice I want on them, and out the door I go.

I decided to wait until this weekend to have my indulgence. My family loves treats and there will be a big definish chance that sometime during this weekend we'll get something that is definitely not PCP friendly. What better way to indulge: sharing time with family and eating something naughty!

2 comments:

  1. Getting through Double Katanas: Some ideas

    1. Put the band under one foot, not two.

    2. Sit in a chair with the band looped under the seat.

    3. Get a longer band.

    Good work E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too on katanas. My knee is also improving, here's hoping both of our knees get better!

    ReplyDelete