Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 6: A Lost Weekend in Shangri-La

My legs have decided to rebel. Feet are sore, knees are sore, shins are sore. They say they're not use to jumping rope. They demand that I cease all jumping immediately or else.

I counter their argument. I tell them that this is going to be good for my health and well-being. I tell them that their load will be lighter when there is less of me to haul around. I tell them that there will be more energy for them to share.

They don't like my answers. They want to know what's in it for them right now.

I tell them that I'm going to give them an afternoon of decadence. The exercises are done for today, and I will let them have some rest. I am going to treat my feet to a spa in the camp. Bath salts, peppermint foot lotion, scrubs, warm water, roses, the works.

My legs rejoice. The rest of my body starts grumbling. What about it?

Don't worry, I reassure it comfortingly. There will be someone there to give massages. Everyone will be taken care of.

My body leaps for joy! It has worked real hard this week and loves the idea of being pampered for a few hours. It's happy. I'm happy. And it is an indulgence that has nothing to do with food. (Shhhh. Don't tell my stomach. It's still excited about the massage.)

6 comments:

  1. Good work man, finding these creative solutions when your body isn't cooperating will really help down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have you dealt with the hunger pangs? I've definitely been feeling them a lot. What words would your stomach have to say to my stomach? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine would tell both of your stomaches to shut up already and get me some buffalo wings. WITH BLUE CHEESE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing! And after that, am jealous of the pampering plan ( well deserved I might add ) that you came up with..Love it. Now I am planning to track down said ingredients in my house and prepare to use them after the 500 jump ropes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pampering yourself will remind your body how much you enjoy taking care of it. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is definitely a good idea. I will log it somewhere. Would need it down the road. Nice, funny post :).

    ReplyDelete